The GACD unequivocally stands for the practice of responsible dental esthetics.
- We are the primary dental resource for patients in the state of Georgia as they strive to maintain their health, function, and appearance for their lifetime.
- We clearly state and acknowledge that esthetic dentistry must complement the overall general and oral health of the patient, and do no harm.
- We strongly encourage that treatment decisions be based on the foundation of evidence‐based protocols combined with sound clinical judgment.
- We strongly encourage the principle that cosmetic dentistry integrates interdisciplinary medical and dental treatment to enhance outcomes and minimize the loss of healthy human tissue.
- We champion and provide minimally invasive treatment protocols, when and where appropriate, that are consistent with the long‐term health and needs of the patient.
- We encourage the utilization of innovation in technology and materials to deliver dentistry that is predictable and long-lasting.